Sunday, July 24, 2011

Faith is...

For me, faith is something that leaves me completely vulnerable. It's something that pushes me past the limits of where I think I can go, and who I think I can be. It strips me bare, and breathes life into me. I wouldn't say at this moment I'm scared of what's going to happen--I know God is good and faithful and will take care of me--I'm just curious. Anxious to see what will unfold in my life. Anxious to see how he will change me, and open my eyes to new things. It reminds me of that Kierkegaard quote "Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom." It's not the anxiety that encourages fear and despair, it's the anxiousness that accompanies the opening of a present, waiting for a loved one to get off the plane, or seeing a baby born into this world. It truly is "being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment