Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ouch

I went on my first HOT SUNNY DAY RUN yesterday and let me tell you, I was woefully unprepared. I had my new workout gear, a little headband to hold back my chopped hair, and I even popped ate a luna bar an hour or so before with those little gel energy bites. I mistakenly only drank 40 oz of water before the run. Plus, I was out running playing tag with the kids beforehand. I was tired, hot, and exhausted. I forgot how much the sun can and will drain you of all of the energy you have if you aren't properly hydrated--heck even if you are properly hydrated it'll kick your ass.

Every part of my body is sore--even my throat--but it's that good sore. You know the kind where you know you did something good? Yea that kind of sore. I remember feeling it last summer when I started running, and it's a good feeling. Now I just have to keep going, stay on track, and I'm pretty sure I'll be running a 10k in September. Woohoo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment