Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crafty!

So one of my other goals for 2011 is to learn how to sew. My mum made matching mother/daughter outfits for us when I was growing up, and while I'm not sure I want to continue that tradition, I realized that I DO want to learn how to sew for several reasons.

1. I want to be able to do my own simple fixes on clothes, such as fix a button, hem a skirt, patch a rip...you get the picture. What would also be nice? Being able to make things like curtains, duvets, and other home design type things. Ooo...I'm fantasizing about the possibilities and getting uber excited!



2. I want to be able to make fun little accessories like this clutch. It's super cute, however, I made it at Creation Station, which means it's made of fabric, cardboard, really awesome silver tape, and velcro circles. I wove the tape, attached the fabric, taped that up, cut the corners, then added the circles. It turned out really well, but I want to make something more durable. Thus, learning how to sew.





3. Lastly, I want to be able to make my own clothes. Alot of times I have a vision in my head of what I want something to look like, but I can never find it. Being able to make my own clothing will not only save me money, but it'll also give me cute, unique pieces that I will be proud of. Check out these fun fabrics I just got from Fabric Crush. They sell little squares that are perfect for accessorizing. I also got some plain pieces, and the prices range from $2-$4.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm passionate about clothes, patterns, accessories, and pretty much anything interesting and pretty that goes along with it. What a perfect hobby to complement that passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment