Saturday, April 30, 2011

Work, Work, Work It Out

I just went on a 9 mile bicycle jaunt to UVillage and back. I'm very proud of myself because I only left H&M with a smaller sized dress--I didn't buy ANYTHING new! Woo! I'm trying to be more conscious of what I buy, how many times I'm going to wear it, etc.

I was talking with the BFF and we agreed that we love the trek to UVillage. The Burke-Gilman trail is so convenient, there are sweet stops on the way (Gasworks anyone?), and it's not too strenuous. I'm proud to say that I'm no longer afraid of Seattle hills. This last long ride I made it up without stopping, and I ended up taking a detour that took me up another hill just so I could some more exercise in. Ridiculous...but awesome. My legs and butt are going to be BANGING by the end of the year...at least that's my hope :)

It feels like the year is going by sooooooo fast. I can't believe it's May tomorrow, and that summer is almost here. I really need to get back in the groove of running and watching my nutrition intake. I want to lose at least another 40 lbs before the end of the year, and I feel like I've just been coasting this whole year--and now we're in May and I'm like crap! The good news is, is that I lost 40 lbs of my weight pretty much in 6 months. So, the fact that the year is almost halfway over does not discourage me. Also, I'm pretty comfortable with my body. I like this size, and even though I do feel pudgy sometimes, I still feel confident.

Anywhoo, I have 2 5ks to run this month and I seriously need to get my running back into gear. I love how strong I feel when I run. There's nothing quite like the exhausted, allover burn you feel. I love running with my favorite music, with my sunglasses on, watching the people around me go about their business. Exercise boosts my confidence in who I am and what I can do. I never in my life thought I would call myself a runner, and I sure as heck never thought I'd be biking around Seattle. Funny how life changes when you start DOING things instead of wishing for things eh? Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment