Friday, April 22, 2011

I Can Ride My Bike With No Handlebars

Ok, that's not true, but I've been hearing that song way too much lately and when I was trying to figure out a clever title, it's the first thing that popped into my mind. I just bought a new bike on Wednesday. It was a goal of 2011 (woot!), but I have been nervous about buying just the right bike, how much work a used bike would be, and the steep hills. Lets be honest my biggest worry was pretty much the hills. Seattle is super effing hilly and I really did not want to be that person walking their bike up the incline looking sad and tired.

But, my concerns were pretty much blown out of the water as I biked uphill and only stopped once! I think I could have made it, but it gave me a chance to rest and laugh with my bff as we realized how out of shape we are :)  Every other time we encountered a hill, I made it up no problem. 'Slow and steady wins the race' was what I kept chanting to myself, although 'slow and wobbly' was probably a better description.  We bike down Stone Way to the Burke-Gilman, all the way to Burgermaster--where we stopped for fries and a shake--and then back home.  Altogether it was about 8.5 miles. I am so proud, and so exhilarated! It was glorious and I can't wait to go again.

Now I'm off to Tutta Bella with J. to enjoy my favorite pizza.  I'll have to review Tutta Bella on here sometime. They are bomb.com. That's right, I said bomb.com. I'm bringing it back :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment