Friday, April 22, 2011

Raindrops are fallin' on my head...

You know what I love? Mornings after a rain. That crisp, dewy air ripe with fresh scents of grass, flowers and pavement. There's nothing like breathing it in and basking in the glory that is a rainy night turned into a spring morning. I was going to try to capture it in picture form, but alas, no camera could ever really capture the feeling, and I suspect my amateur photographer skills would not help the cause. So, I'm just going to let you all use your imaginations on that one. It's pretty great.

This week has been pretty exhausting. I've been working an awesome 7-3 schedule, but my sleep schedule still thinks I'm working 11-7. So, I'm going to bed around 11pm or 12pm (sometimes later), and then feeling pretty damn grumpy when I have to wake up at 5:30am.  Once I get into the groove of going to bed earlier, that schedule is pretty great.  I can't decide what I love more--having a whole morning to myself to eat breakfast, exercise, and get ready slowly, or an afternoon free to do whatever I want. There are pros and cons to both I suppose. I guess I just have it good :)

I'll have to admit that the first couple of nights, what kept me up is this new Oregon Trail game on Facebook.  I know, I know, I sound like a complete and total nerd for staying up to play this game, but it's addicting! It's one of those games that you can halfway pay attention to while doing other things, and they have little perks and rewards in the game. It's not like I'll come home and just play Oregon Trail for hours, but after I've been out, I will definitely decompress by opening it up and playing a bit. I think it's comforting because it reminds me of my childhood, hunting buffalo, fording rivers, and dying of dysentery all in the safety of my classroom or home.  I love that stupid game and I'm not ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment