Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mmmmusic & Cycling

Who can resist writing while "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire is blasting through the speakers. I love music. All sorts of music...pop, country, hip hop, indie, folk...it doesn't really matter what the genre is.  I do lean towards certain styles, but if I hear something that just...syncs...with me, I can't help but figure out what that song is and immediately add it to my playlist. I'm pretty slow on the uptake with music unless I make an effort to look up new stuff--I don't listen to the radio often and once I get in the music research mood I end up losing about 3 hours of my life.

My most recent love is Lupe Fiasco's The Show Goes On and Mumford & Son's cover of Wagon Wheel.  Nothing like a little Modest Mouse to get my attention and I can get on board with the message. And Wagon Wheel is already one of my favorite songs. There's something about the twang and harmonizing that just remind me of home. Home in the sense of Virginia and my childhood :). Add in a little British accent and my little heart melts. I really can't get over how it sounds when the lead singer from Mumford says 'rock me mama.' Swoon. So hopefully you'll forgive me for having both versions on my playlist. I just can't help myself.

I rode my bike twice today and it was wonderfully painful. My seat is not being very nice to my bum, but I love the feeling of whisking around Seattle with the sun on my back and cars ready to run me over at any time. I actually really do love wrangling with traffic. I feel very lucky to live in a city that puts up with cyclists and is pretty bike friendly. While I'm not really afraid of getting run over (although maybe I should be), I do fear someone opening their car door while I'm zooming past and knocking me off my bike. I had several daydreams in my head about said scenario whilst I was riding today and it made me suspicious of every parked car around Greenlake. 

I think I may just start riding to work. I know it's a pretty short distance, but I have these wonderful plans of taking my bike for a spin after work to get some much needed exercise in. I really do need to couple these with running as September is coming up quickly and I'm no closer to a 10k that I was in January.  Eh. That's a topic for later. I'm off to clean my apartment and then hop into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment