Monday, May 2, 2011

Don't Stop Get It Get It!

I don't know why I love this phrase so much. I use it often. Way too often.  It does, however pertain to this post. May 1st was my unofficial first day of refocusing my life back on weight loss and healthier living. Don't get me wrong--every day of my life I think about the choices that I'm making and how I can be better. But, I've been on a kind of hiatus from actively pursuing weight loss. It's been great, but as I'm bicycling and feeling stronger and falling in love with my body as it is, I'm also desiring more. I want to be more fit, I want to run farther, and I want to eat better.

So, I'm going for it. Today I biked 15 miles and challenged myself by biking up harder, bigger hills. And I did it. I got myself up those hills without stopping and I am proud. It reminds me of how powerful I felt when I took control and actively pursued a healthier, fitter lifestyle. I have a few, simple, straightforward goals.

1) Exercise 5 days out of the week.
--This will mostly consist of running and cycling for cardio and yoga for lengthening and strength. On rainy days, I will do some other cardio video at home.
2)  Drink water.
--Copious amounts of water. Not diet coke. Water. Not 8 ounces. at least 80.
3) Track my calories
--Everything that I put in my mouth will be tracked on my trusty spark people page. It's a great way to see what I'm putting in my body, and it encourages me to think twice about those sugary sweets I'm so fond of :)
4) Eat more fruits and veggies.
--I can be really terrible about getting all of my fruits and veggies in. I want to eat at least 2 pieces of fruit and 1 serving of veggies per day. I'm not sure if that's the appropriate amount, but it's a start.
5) Curb my sugar addiction
--I love candy. I also love cake, pie, cookies, fruit snacks, brownies ala mode, ice cream. I love sugar. I was most successful and feel the BEST when I let myself have these things occasionally vs. everyday.
6) Blog daily.
--Blogging keeps me accountable. That's pretty much it. I also enjoy writing (most of the time).
7) Continue with my 5k for every month, and run the IronGirl 10k in September
--Run for your rights 5k, May 7th
--Susan G. Komen for the Cure 5k, June 5th (make up for no 5k in April :-/)
--Fremont 5k June 10th
--See Jane Run 5k, July 17th
--Run 4 Thier Lives 5k, Aug 21st
--IronGirl 10k, Sept 11th

Don't stop, get it get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment