Monday, May 2, 2011

Inside Play

It's raining today. How can it be so beautifully clear and warm one day and then pouring rain the next day. It's like the weather is taunting me. I'm starting to take it personally.

Well, we all know that I am not going to be riding my bike in the pouring rain, so it looks like a yoga day for me. I've tried a couple of yoga videos--some basic ones at my mum's house--but I really, really love Bob's Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga...or BBLWLY...or whenever I refer to doing "my yoga" that's what you can imagine. It has pretty much all of the perks of yoga, you feel stretched, relaxed, and strong, but you're working your butt of by holding yourself in poses for a good length of time. For the beginning it's definitely a workout, but after doing it for a couple of months, you find yourself getting stronger and fitter.

I especially love that there's 3 levels: basic, core, and weights. I can choose what I want to do based on how strenuous of a workout I want, and let me tell you, the weighted section is...strenuous! I love Bob's calm encouragement, and you can tell he's enjoying what he's doing. Don't get me wrong, I love Jillian's in your face, jokester, intense methods as well, but Bob's style is just suited for yoga.

I have my Settlers group tonight. I'm pretty stoked, although I haven't won a game in awhile :-/ Ok, I gotta get ready for work AND pack my lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment