Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easy Peasy

I ran in 5k for the first time in a LOOOOONNNNG time. I actually ran a bit longer than a 5k--3.25 miles--and my time was 36:07. When I pace it out, each mile I ran was about 11:06; which is awesome! I really did not know if I would make it, but running with a friend and the fact that I KNEW I could do it, got me through. I'm not even worried about the 5k I have this weekend anymore.

This time last year, I could not even run one lap around the track. It's crazy to think that I would be out of breath before even 1/4 of a mile, and here I am running 3.25 miles straight. I know I could run more if I put my mind to it. I've grown leaps and bounds and am SOOOOO proud of myself. In September, I ran my first 5k--the IronGirl. This September, I will run my first 10k at the same event. Easy peasy right?

A coworker came into my office when I was looking for (fashionable) bags to wear when I'm riding my bike, and he was like "what are you trying to do get super fit and hard?" And I joked with him "Yea, I'm going to have a rock hard body." But I admitted after that that's not what I want. I want to be soft, and I think a better descriptor is curvy. I want to be shapely, and womanly, and warm. I want my kids to be able to wrap their arms around me and have a bit of a cushion to lay their heads on. I don't want to be overweight, and I don't want to be flabby, but I definitely want to be soft. Is that weird? I dunno what that weight is, exactly, but I think I'll know it when I see it :)

Man oh man, I am beat. I think I'm going to try yoga for the next two days before my run so I can be flexible and ready to kick but. Okie dokie, I'm gonna post my 30 for 30 pictures and then head to bed. Thank God the week is halfway over!

No comments:

Post a Comment